SAP Concur has conducted a survey highlighting the preference for an integrated travel solution that could help ensure the safety of Indian business travellers.
Corporate travel in India is propelled by end-to-end technology centric solutions, preferences and mindset. The online survey was conducted amongst 500 Indian business travellers. It sheds light on the top concerns among modern business travellers in India. Notable highlights from the survey include:
- Opportunities for employers to adopt travel technologies –
- 77% of Indian business travellers agree their employers are behind when it comes to adopting latest technologies to manage business travel
- 67%of Indian business travellers believe in experiencing gap in technology adoption for booking and expense reporting tools
- 66%of Indian business travellers rated that there is a gap in adoption of travel safety tools such as automated safety alerts about their destination
- Opportunity to improve productivity, compliance and control over business expenses –
o 32% Indian business travellers rated that their company took 3-5 days to reimburse for a business trip expense
o 56% Indian business travellers believe it’s more likely to have their expenses reimbursed on time than having their plane leave on time.
o 55% Indian business travellers said that they forfeited or lost money on a travel-related business expense because either they didn’t think it was worth reporting or because their company failed to reimburse them.
- Travellers do not put safety as a priority despite their experiences with risk, while travelling, scope to adopt travel safety tools –
- While 28% say, they prioritize safety first, 29% say, they put business first.
- 88% have experienced safety concerns while on a business trip in the last 12 months.
- Business travel isn’t getting easier or less stressful
- 36% say that the most stressful part of a business trip is during the trip itself
- 68% say they have changed their travel accommodations owing to safety concerns
- Nearly all Indian business travellers (98%) have shared their location while travelling for business, the most of all markets surveyed (global average: 91%). This includes nearly 3 in 4 (73%) who did so for safety specifically, second only to Mexico (76%) as the most likely to do so (global average: 58%).
- Millennial business travellers are more sensitive to current events
- In the last 12 months, 52% have reduced travel to a location because of political unrest or health hazards, compared to 43% of Gen Xers and 50% of Boomers
- 50% millennial business travellers have also selected a flight based on aircraft type, compared to 48% of Gen Xers and 29% of Boomers.
- 73% Indian business travellers book using online travel agenciesor sites and over 45% Indian business travellers rated the ability to book a hotel via a mobile app as the most desired service, closely followed by 41% who rated booking air travel as the most desired.
- Female travellers report high levels of harassment – 87% of female Indian business travellers have been harassed on a business trip, especially 62% say they have suffered the indignity of being asked if they were travelling with their husband