Demonstrating Lenovo’s Intelligent Transformation today, the company unveiled ThinkShield – an end to end approach to securing business devices, data, online presence and identity throughout their lifecycle.
ThinkShield features a suite of security-focused innovations, processes and technologies. From physical endpoint protection to a trusted suppler program and transparent supply chain management, ThinkShield covers features that are integrated at the deepest level to ensure the highest level of security for enterprises. By working with partners like Bufferzone, Coronet and Absolute, Lenovo is empowering IT administrators and end users to secure their identity and data while being online. ThinkShield solutions are available on ThinkPads, ThinkCentres and ThinkStations that were launched in April 2018, and beyond.
Rohit Midha, Director, Commercial Named Accounts, Lenovo India, says, “While Indian enterprises and SMEs are installing ThinkPads, ThinkCentres and ThinkStations at their workplace, we wish to empower them for a smarter and more efficient workplace through Intelligent Transformation. With more than 75% organizations experiencing phishing attacks in today’s hyper connected world, we are dedicated to securing employee device lifecycle, data, identity and their online presence. We are continuously improving ThinkShield via our in-house R&D innovation, secure processes and deeper partnerships to foster innovations that are changing businesses today.”
ThinkShield by Lenovo secures devices through their entire Product Lifecycle
- From secure BIOS and firmware development to features like ThinkPad Privacy Guard* security screens and industry-first webcam shutters, Lenovo builds protection into its product design.
- Security does not stop at design: Lenovo has unique control over its global supply chain, setting strict security standards and policies for its manufacturing facilities.
- Lenovo’s strategic partnership with Intel® has enabled them to align with the Intel Transparent Supply Chain, which allows customers to locate the source of each component of their new system.
- Lenovo oversees the security of suppliers who build intelligent components, making sure they conform to rigorous Trusted Supplier Program guidelines and best practices. For an extra layer of transparency, Lenovo Quality Engineers can audit suppliers at any time.
ThinkShield by Lenovo Protects Users’ Identities and Credentials
- A founding member of FIDO®, Lenovo offers the industry’s first and only FIDO®- certified authenticators—plus match-on-chip fingerprint technology—to give companies safer, easier ways to protect their employees’ identities.
- An industry-leading level of integration with Intel Authenticate—up to 7 authentication factors—offers greater security and flexibility than vendors providing fewer authentication methods.
- BIOS-based Smart USB protection allows IT professionals to configure USB ports to respond only to keyboards and pointing devices, keeping employees’ PCs safer.
ThinkShield by Lenovo Protects Users Online
- Lenovo WiFi Security, in partnership with Coronet, detects threats and notifies users when they are about to connect to unsafe wireless networks.
- BUFFERZONE® technology isolates online threats before they infect the whole organization.
- Lenovo Endpoint Management, powered by MobileIron®, provides a secure, simple way to unify cloud and endpoint security across multiple devices.
ThinkShield by Lenovo Protects Users’ Data
- Absolute® Persistence™ technology provides IT admins with an unbreakable connection to all of their devices so they can leverage enriched asset intelligence, automate endpoint hygiene and stay audit-ready with continuous compliance.
- Once devices reach the end of their lifecycle, Lenovo keeps potentially sensitive data secure by wiping the drives and securely recycling the parts.
- Lenovo offers a paid Keep Your Drive service that ensures sensitive information never leaves customers’ hands.
The Intelligent Transformation strategy is driven by emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence, augmented reality, the Internet of Things, blockchain and 5G connectivity. Lenovo excels in these competencies – based in the cloud, distributed through infrastructure, including networks and delivered by devices.
Lenovo also showcased the latest addition to the premium ThinkPad X1 laptop portfolio, the ThinkPad X1 Extreme. The new ThinkPad X1 Extreme is designed for advanced users and prosumers with high performance computing needs and features advanced NVIDIA discrete graphics. It is ideal for data intensive workloads; video and photo editing; graphics rendering; and virtual and mixed reality applications. The launch brought together technology professionals, Lenovo’s latest products and insightful presentations from major industry experts (IDC) and influencers who are shaping the future of Artificial Intelligence and other transformative technologies.