HP has announced the availability of HP SDN App Store for customers and partners. The HP SDN App Store provides HP’s ecosystem partners a go-to-market platform together with consulting and support services that will enable customers to uncover the business value of SDN.
According to research firm IDC, the market for SDN will reach to $1.1billion by 2017, increasing network application vendor needs for a scalable open marketplace to monetize their innovations. As the first enterprise-grade SDN application ecosystem in the market, the HP SDN App Store redefines the networking business model, offering the developer community a centralized platform connecting to customers around the world.
“Our customers are eager to transform their network architecture into a competitive advantage, and SDN applications make that possible,” said Neelam Dhawan, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Group and Country Managing Director, HP India.
With major industry technology transitions for enterprises to address, such as security, cloud, mobility and big data, SDN is essential for paving the way to customer success in networking. HP remains focused on building an ecosystem of partners to create solution-driven applications that bring value and simplicity to customers
The HP SDN Application Store offers independent software vendors an easy way to bring creative solutions to market, enabling IT managers who embrace SDN architecture to solve their unique network challenges through these applications.
To help customers easily navigate the HP SDN App Store, HP will offer four different categories of applications defined by their support and test process:
- The HP Circle, with applications built and tested exclusively by HP.
- The Premium Circle, containing applications that are top sellers and jointly tested by HP and itspartners.
- The Partner Circle,encompassing applications that have been self-tested by HP partners and reviewed by HP.
- The Community Circle, offering open-access and community-supported applications to demonstrate open source and concept SDN applications.
As part of the HP SDN App Store launch, HP is introducing six partner applications, in addition to two applications developed by HP:
- BlueCat DNS Directordelivers network-driven enforcement ofDNS policies that allow security infrastructures to gain complete visibility and control through IP address management data across all devices and applications.
- Ecode evolve™is an SDN orchestrator that facilitates dynamic service provisioning with built-in quality of service and denial-of-service mitigation. Streamlining network design, change simulation and automated policy provisioning, itacceleratesoperations.
- F5 BIG DDoS Umbrella allows customers to implement network, application, DNS and SSL DDoS protection near the network edge, closer to the attacker.
- GuardiCore Defense Suiteprovides highly scalable, SDN-based network security for software-defined data centers, detecting and mitigating advanced persistent threats, malware propagation and insider attacks, at an early stage.
- KEMP Adaptive Load Balancer Application, integrated with the HP VAN SDN Controller solution, provides end-to-end visibility of network paths for optimal routing of applications across the server and switching infrastructure.
- Real Status Hyperglanceis a hybrid cloud and SDN simplified-management platform that provides a unified, full-scale, interactive topology view with 360-degree navigation, intuitive monitoring and context-aware controls for confident insight and action.
- HP Network Protectorenables automated network posture assessment and provides real-time security across OpenFlow-enabled network devices.
- HP Network Optimizer for Microsoft Lync enables automated provisioning of network policy and quality of service to provide an enhanced end-user experience.