Extreme Networks, Inc. has announced key additions to its Unified Edge portfolio of access layer products, building on its innovative Software Defined Architecture. The new Summit X460-G2 fixed switch and IdentiFi Wireless 3805 access points (AP) add increased performance, manageability and BYOD/security to the company’s world-class network product portfolio. The development of the Summit X460-G2 is a significant milestone toward a converged and streamlined portfolio of fixed switching solutions from Extreme Networks.
In today’s mobile-first world, the network must deliver on user expectations for secure, fast and flexible wired/wireless access. Extreme’s Unified Edge provides a simple, fast and smart architecture that is now enhanced with premium edge switching, with the Summit X460-G2 and an affordable, full featured 802.11ac access point that can be deployed anywhere.
Extreme Networks’ Unified Edge, a part of its Software Defined Architecture, enables customers to transform their network into a strategic asset, with the benefits of network-wide visibility, data analytics and programmability.
- The Summit X460-G2 and IdentiFi AP 3805 are optimized to work with Extreme Networks’ NetSight management and Purview analytics platforms.
- The Summit X460-G2 is Extreme Networks’ high performance Gigabit edge switch, providing a fast, versatile fixed switching solution that scales for the demands of edge applications and convergence.
- The Summit X460-G2 includes 10 models, with options including 1/10/40GbE uplinks.
- The Summit X460-G2 features cross-platform stacking across all Summit switch models and is unique in the industry, allowing customers to avoid rip and replace scenarios.
- The Summit X460-G2 delivers more PoE+ power than any previous Extreme edge switch driving 30W of 802.3at compliant PoE+ to every port.
- The IdentiFi AP3805 delivers 2×2:2 802.11ac performance in a discrete form factor making it well suited for deployment in multiple environments.
- The IdentiFi AP 3805 offers all features and functionality within the IdentiFi portfolio at a lower entry price.