· Nucleum Hub Adds Functionality to Newer MacBook’s with Limited Ports
· 7 Additional Ports From 1 USB-C Connection
· Reduced Electromagnetic Interference
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory storage products and technology solutions, today announced the launch of Nucleum™, a 7-in-1 Type C USB Hub in India. Nucleum is the ideal hub for newer MacBook’s as it provides extra USB-C and USB-A ports as well as HDMI and SD/microSD card slots. It is now available in India at an MRP of INR 6,900/- across major retail and e-tail stores and is backed by a two-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Nucleum, with its multiple ports, is built to handle all of the familiar accessories consumers have such as mice, keyboards and even a second monitor. Users can be more productive as all seven ports can be engaged at the same time. Nucleum users can power up a MacBook® while also running an external hard drive and charging an iPhone®simultaneously.
Electromagnetic interference (EMI) can sometimes occur between USB 3.0 ports (on any device or system) and Wi-Fi devices such as routers or wireless mice and keyboards. Broadband noise generated from the USB 3.0 data spectrum can impact wireless radio receivers broadcasting at 2.4GHz when both are in close proximity. EMI on Nucleum is mitigated due to its shielding and unique port placement. Shielding was placed on the USB ports and the layout for both USB Type A and C are opposite each other instead of side by side. This reduces the possibility of EMI and the physical placement allows greater room between ports to help account for plugs and power adapters of different sizes.
“The concept behind Nucleum was to create an ‘all-in-one’ hub to meet the on the go needs of the consumers. It is a well-rounded portable device and easy to use accessory which allows users to connect seven devices simultaneously. The compact size and built-in cable also make the Nucleum a perfect travel companion to take with you on location. Also, we are looking forward roll out more innovations to meet the increasing demand for accessories to complement more host devices using Type C connectors”, said Vishal Parekh, Marketing Director, Kingston Technology India.
- 7 ports of potential from one USB-C connection
- Add more pixels using the 4K HDMI output
- Power pass-through to charge the connected devices
- Small and light, makes it easy to travel with
- Designed for content creators with the included SD and microSD slots
- Weight: 92.4g (3.2 oz.)
- USB-C (power input)
- USB-C (data)
- USB-A (x2)
- HDMI Standard: v1.4 (Supports 4K)
- USB-C: Data: USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb/s)
- Data: USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb/s)
- Power: 5V/1.5A
- SD Card Reader: SD/SDHC/SDXC UHS I-II
- MicroSD: Card Reader /microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I
- Power Delivery Pass through Up to: 60W
- Product Dimensions (without cable): 127mm x 45mm x 14.2mm (5″ x 1.77″ x .56″)
- Product Dimensions (with cable): 276.4mm x 45mm x 14.2mm (10.88″ x 1.77″ x .56″)