Veeam® Software, the Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ innovator, today announced the immediate availability of Veeam Availability Suite (VAS) 9.5 Update 3 (U3), to extend comprehensive data management and ensure Availability forALL workloads—virtual, physical, and cloud—centrally managed via a single Veeam “pane of glass.” With this breakthrough release, enterprises can now replace legacy backup offerings, which have hindered business transformation for so long, and ensure Availability across their enterprise with a single, consistent platform.
With this release Veeam is also including its Universal Storage API, a new storage interface that will allow Veeam to more rapidly support new storage integrations going forward, leading to superior backup performance, lower risk of data loss, and more rapid recovery. As a result, in Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 3, the company is able to add integration with IBM Spectrum Virtualize, extending Veeam’s storage snapshot integration capabilities to IBM Storwize and any SAN Volume Controller based storage arrays, as well as to the Lenovo Storage V Series. This expansion of Veeam’s strategic partnership with IBM is in addition to current strategic partnerships with HPE, Cisco, and NetApp.
“In line with our core vision of managing, protecting and making recoverable any data, any app across any cloud, Veeam has again delivered – with some core capabilities as part of our Update 3,” said Raymond Goh, head of systems engineering – Asia & Japan for Veeam Software.
“This release ensures an agile, flexible and simple approach to Availability management of workloads for a customer’s Hybrid Cloud environment centrally under a ‘single pane’. Veeam’s commitment to delivering benefit to end customers is evident in our flexible solution integration that is API driven. The APAC market is in various stages of maturity with regards to cloud adoption therefore a hybrid cloud state will be coming more and more common. At the end of the day, customers want seamless, flexible augmentation of Private, Managed and Public Cloud integration and Update 3 provides for this in an unprecedented way.”
“Availability is both a customer expectation and a business requirement for organizations of all sizes in today’s data-driven marketplace,” said Kamran Amini, Executive Director Lenovo Server and Storage, Lenovo Data Center Group. “Veeam primary storage integration with Lenovo brings the market’s No. 1 Availability solutions to Lenovo V Series hybrid and all flash storage arrays. With V Series Integration and DS Series Solutions, together, we’ll deliver the new levels of data protection and recovery agility that our customers are demanding to meet their ever increasing uptime requirements.
New capabilities in VAS 9.5 U3 include:
- Built-in management for Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.1 and Veeam Agent for Linux v2: NEW in VAS 9.5 U3, users get centralized agent deployment and management reducing complexity and improving usability through a single pane of glass for virtual, physical and cloud-based workloads. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.1 includes protection for mission-critical Microsoft Windows Server failover clusters, while Veeam Agent for Linux v2 adds the ability to back up to a Veeam Cloud Connect repository, support for scale-out backup repositories as backup targets, and source-side encryption.
- Support for VMware Cloud on AWS: Also NEW, Veeam support for VMware Cloud on AWS enables enterprises to deploy Veeam’s Availability solutions seamlessly across VMware-based public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
- IBM Storage integration: VAS 9.5 Update 3 will also benefit from Veeam’s expansion of its strategic IBM partnership to include IBM Spectrum Virtualize integration, extending Veeam storage snapshot integration capabilities to IBM Storwize and SAN Volume Controller based storage arrays.The joint solution will enable users to save time, reduce labor costs, and achieve lower recovery time and point objectives.
- Lenovo Storage integration: Veeam also deepens its new Lenovo partnership with storage snapshot integration for the Lenovo Storage V Series, yielding superior backup and restore performance. In addition, the Lenovo DS series was recently Veeam Ready certified as a repository for Veeam backups, giving joint Veeam and Lenovo customers a more complete solution.
- New analytics and monitoring capabilities in Veeam ONE: Veeam has added Agent monitoring and reporting, as well as Data Sovereignty Compliance Reporting to Veeam ONE, the management component of VAS 9.5 Update 3. With this new capability, end-users will receive access to additional guidance and tools designed to assist them through new stringent data backup and protection compliance requirements.