Enhancements and Integrations Extend Security to Third-Party Network Elements Anywhere, Including Private and Public Clouds
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced enhancements to its Software-Defined Secure Networks (SDSN) platform to deliver pervasive security across multi-vendor environments, public clouds and private clouds. Powered by automated enforcement, real-time intelligence and machine learning, SDSN knows when and how to defend an organization’s people, data and infrastructure, while using an open framework to help simplify their operation.
As cybersecurity has grown increasingly complex, organizations have been forced to cobble together disparate security products in the hopes of improving their cybersecurity posture. However, these unintegrated solutions leave gaps in protection and result in complicated and inefficient infrastructure. Juniper’s SDSN platform and its ecosystem help organizations unify security for these heterogeneous networks, giving customers a streamlined way to integrate products and manage their security operations, regardless of the vendors they choose.
Juniper is broadening this ecosystem through enhancements to its Junos Space® Security Director Policy Enforcer, which automates security policy enforcement across the network, preventing threats across firewalls, Juniper switches and now third-party switches – an industry first. This will allow the network to provide protection from both incoming and laterally moving threats. Additionally, Security Director and vSRX will also be compatible with VMware NSX to provide elevated management, policy enforcement, Layer 4-7 next-generation firewall and threat containment for applications in the private cloud.
- Policy Enforcer Automates Threat Containment to Third-Party Switches: Smart policy deployment engine, which automates security policy enforcement across the network and quarantines infected endpoints, now provides enforcement deep into the network, including third-party switches, such as Cisco.
- Juniper’s open APIs allow for seamless integration with security ecosystem partners; our integration with ForeScout® CounterACT® helps secure connectivity and visibility to multi-vendor network elements.
- Public and Private Cloud Integration: Juniper’s SDSN components will integrate with third-party cloud systems to provide security for both public and private clouds, including:
- The ability to leverage VMware NSX with Policy Enforcer and vSRX for private cloud security and containment
- Microsoft Azure integration with Juniper’s virtualized firewall, vSRX, for public cloud, which further expands our current set of virtual marketplace offerings.
- Juniper Sky™ Advanced Threat Prevention with Email Analysis: Juniper’s cloud-based malware prevention service adds detection of threats in email, enabling advanced detection designed to rapidly find and catch the most destructive exploits, including ransomware threats like WannaCry. Its machine learning enhances threat research and intelligence, while email traffic analysis catches more malware and stops it before it spreads.