Launches CASB offering and expands on-demand cloud security solutions with unmatched performance for enterprises and service providers
Rajesh Maurya, Regional Vice President, India & SAARC, Fortinet “Companies are building out flexible and scalable infrastructure with the use of private and public clouds. As such, maintaining a strong and consistent security posture is essential. Fortinet is enhancing its security capabilities across private, infrastructure and application (SaaS) clouds through its Security Fabric. This ranges from increased scalability, new public cloud features and SaaS visibility via a new CASB offering, delivering optimal security performance at cloud-scale.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global leader in high-performance cybersecurity solutions, today announcedthat it has extended the performance, automation, visibilty and management of theFortinet Security Fabric into all types of cloud environments, spanning private and public Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) clouds toSoftware-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications.
- Fortinet delivers unmatched cloud security scale, performance and value for private and public clouds with expanded virtualizedFortiGate capacities.
- Enabling enterprises to pay for cloud security as needed, Fortinet solutions are now available on-demand in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
- Optimizing automation of public cloud deployments, FortiGatedelivers enhanced auto-scaling and orchestration capabilities for AWS workloads, both on-demand and bring-your-own-license (BYOL).
- New Fortinet VM On-Demand pay-as-you-golicensing program for cloud providers and MSSPs delivers flexible pricing and automation options forendcustomers.
- FortiCASB is a new cloud access security broker service for on and off-network visibility and control of Office 365 and other SaaS applications.
Reducing the Attack Surface from IoT to the Cloud through Visibility and Control
- According to a recent survey by ESG Research, 62% of cybersecurity professionals say it is difficult to get the same level of visibility into cloud-based workloads as they have on their physical networks, while 56% state that their organization’s current network security operations and processes lacks the right level of automation and orchestration needed for the cloud.In order to achieve the scale, elasticity, and efficiency benefits of the cloud, the data and security elements across all environmentsmust be integrated, visible and able to share intelligence to ensure automated protection.
Fortinet has extended core capabilities of its Security Fabric architecture to enable businesses to experience the same level of cybersecurityand threat intelligence incloud environments as they do on their physical networks. Part of the FortiOS 5.6 software release, the latest enhancements deliver elastic, end-to-end cloud security for enterprises and service providers:
- Unmatched Security Performance for Private and Public Clouds: Fortinet’s virtualizedFortiGatehas been significantly enhanced to deliver cloud-scale performance for private and public clouds. The virtual machines (VM) now deliverup to 3X faster per-core throughputthan previously benchmarked, with increased capacity options of 16, 32, or moreCPU cores in a single VM. The FortiGate virtual appliance also providesthe world’s fastest VM performance at up to 132 Gbps on six cores, when accelerated with Fortinet Security Processing Units (SPU).New value-priced offerings also enable 20-30% savings while still delivering the same improved VM performance.
- Public Cloud Security Automation through On-Demand and Autoscale: As more businesses offload IT infrastructure to the cloud, on-demand consumption models help shift CapEx to OpEx, enabling more strategic reinvestments back into the business and better control of cloud infrastructure. Fortinet Security Fabric virtual solutions deliver complete content and network protection and are now on-demand through Azure Marketplace. Additionally, Fortinet solutions with enhanced auto-scaling and orchestration capabilities are available for both AWS on-demand and BYOL, further enabling elastic workloads and automated security that scales up or down as required.
- VM On-Demand Delivers Pay-as-you-Go Metering for Cloud Providers: Fortinet’s newVM On-Demand provides a turnkey VM licensing and provisioning platform for cloud providers and MSSPs to deliver on-demand pricing and automation to end customers, similar to the pricing model of major public cloud providers. The platform supports pay-as-you-go with hourly or volume-based metering options, as well as NFV orchestration compatibility for MSSPs. Coupled with FortiHypervisor, VM On-Demand offers cloud providers the widest choice of physical, virtual, and hybrid customer-premise equipment (CPE) form factors for managed security and SD-WAN services.
- New Cloud Application Security with FortiCASB: Fortinet introduces its new API-based FortiCASB service enabling IT teams to maintain security visibility for both on and off-network user access to some of the most widely used SaaS applications, including Office 365. FortiCASB protects data stored on SaaS from cloud-borne threats and delivers compliance and audit tools to help gain better control of SaaS applications. FortiCASB will be available by the end of Q2 2017.
“Cloud services are being consumed much faster than premise-based infrastructure or applications, but how to handle cloud security still keeps CIOs up at night. Like any IT resource, cloud services must be managed and secured using policy, monitoring applications and integrated security tools. Fortinet’s latest cloud security offerings through its Security Fabric provide the visibility, automation and control that CIOs need to help ensure that their data is protected, from their data centers out to their cloud environments.”- Zeus Kerravala, founder and principal analyst at ZK Research