Veeam, the leader in providing backup solution to deliver availability 24X7, announced integration with Cisco HyperFlex hyperconverged infrastructure platform. Enterprises looking to gain momentum in digital transformation initiatives are set to gain potential of hyper converged to drive availability
As Hyperconverged systems gain deployment, the combined power of Veeam availability suite and Cisco Hyperflex will deliver simple and efficient solution in hybrid cloud environment while reducing backup and unplanned downtime to deliver availability
Being a 100% channel centric company, this offering will enable Veeam to deliver innovative products to reduce risk of data loss for enterprises looking to stay in always-on mode.
According to IDC, public IT cloud services revenue will exceed $203.4 billion by 2020, recording a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.5 percent — almost seven times the rate of overall IT market growth. Additionally by 2018, more than half of enterprises’ IT infrastructure and software investments will be cloud based (private and public), reaching 60 to 70 percent of IT spend by 2020.
Reducing recovery time for data and applications is paramount for businesses, that’s why today’s announcement is so important for the market,” said Peter McKay, President and Chief Operating Officer, Veeam.
Key benefits of Veeam-Cisco Hyperflex include increased recovery point object, accelerated backups and storage replication.
- Improved Recovery Point Objectives – Using Backups from Storage Snapshots enables the user to run a backup at any time and any frequency, reducing a business’ exposure to data loss.
- Minimized Impact on Production – Not using VMware VM snapshots means the high impact of snapshot create and delete operations are eliminated. This dramatically reduces the performance impact on production VMs during the copy process.
- Accelerated Backups – Potentially improves copy speed up to twice as much compared to the standard VMware vSphere APIs, through the unique ability to backup data directly from the file system with asynchronous reads when using Veeam Availability Suite 9.5.
- Agentless Application Aware Backup – Across multiple applications, such as Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Storage Replication – Customers can now replicate Cisco HyperFlex workloads to another HyperFlex System or to any other VMware vSphere environment including Veeam Cloud & Service Providers by using Veeam’s VM Replication functionality.