Veritas Only Vendor Named a Leader Since Inception of Report, Recognized Since 1999
Veritas Technologies, the global leader in information management, announced today it has been recognized by Gartner, Inc. in the “Leaders” quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software1. Veritas is the only vendor positioned as a Leader since the inception of the report in 1999, and is the #1 market share leader2 for backup and recovery software for 2015.
“We are honored that Gartner positioned Veritas as a Leader in every published Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery since the report’s inception,” said Ana Pinczuk, Chief Product Officer, Veritas Technologies. “We feel this underscores our ongoing effort to bring our customers the most innovative solutions in information management and solidifies the choice that tens of thousands of enterprises have made, including 86% of the global Fortune 500. For today’s data driven enterprise, the NetBackup Platform offers unparalleled performance at scale across cloud, virtual, and physical workloads delivering unified data protection.”
Key innovations continue to differentiate Veritas:
- Realize the value of the cloud: Whether backing up to the cloud, or protecting workloads in the cloud, NetBackup Cloud Connectors simplify the move to the cloud with single-click integration for a wide range of major cloud service providers including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Nearline Storage, Hitachi Cloud, and nearly any Amazon S3 compatible cloud storage platform.
- Improve performance up to 10x and reduce Capex and Opex: NetBackup Appliances are the fastest growing integrated backup appliance solution providing seamless integration and fast deployment options.
- Powerful Backup as a Service: An intuitive ‘store front’ in NetBackup Self-Service empowers IT and MSPs to deliver backup and recovery as a service to internal and external customers, whether on premise, or in a public or private cloud.
- Radically simplified Oracle database protection: Included in NetBackup 7.7, Copilot for Oracle creates a win-win by allowing the DBA to maintain control over primary backup and recovery operations using familiar RMAN tools while ensuring the backup administrator has full visibility.
- Reduced risk in a constantly changing IT environment: NetBackup Intelligent Policies automate discovery and policy based backups to reduce risk and ensure constantly changing VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and SQL, and Oracle environments are always protected.
- Best in class performance at scale: NetBackup has proven enterprise performance and scalability for 10,000s of VMs, the largest databases, petabytes of data, in the world’s largest enterprises. Third party competitive benchmark testing has concluded NetBackup is the King of Scale4.
A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader
For over a decade, Veritas has been recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for both Data Center Backup and Recovery Software and Enterprise Information Archiving3.